The URSA 4K Digital Cinema Camera features a form factor that is designed to make it flexible enough to use on productions of all sizes. From a single operator all the way up to a full camera crew. At the heart of the imaging system, URSA features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, global shutter CMOS sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range. The camera records and outputs in the 2160p format, a 16:9 standard with precisely four times the resolution of 1080p, often referred to as UltraHD.
URSA features a 10.1", 1080p resolution flip-out LCD screen so that you won't necessarily need an on-camera monitor. Additionally, there are two 5" capacitive touchscreens, one on either side of the body. These allow you to access the menu system and can display data such as timecode and audio waveforms.
One of the most powerful features is support for higher frame rate recording combined with menu control of recording frames rates. The recording frame rate can be as high as 80 frames per second, which allows enhanced slow motion shooting with a more fluid feel to shots. Also the frame rate settings are not limited by the video frame rate. This means you can select a frame rate such as 24 frames per second for a feature film shoot, and then independently select the recording rate from 5 all the way up to 80 frames per second. The advantage of this is the URSA camera can shoot slow motion or fast motion shots but all the recorded video files are always set to the video rate, and you can see the effect of the higher or slower frame rate when playing. This means you can playback the exact same look on the cameras as the clips will play in a time line of editing software.
Internally, URSA can record in the two formats. The first is 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW, a losslessly compressed RAW codec designed to give you the greatest latitude for image manipulation in post production. The second is Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ), a debayered codec for easier playback and editing in a wide range of video editing applications. Additionally, ProRes also requires less storage space for extended recording times. Video is recorded to CFast 2.0 memory cards, and the camera features two slots allowing you to hot swap media for continuous, uninterrupted recording.
Additionally CFast cards can be formatted in the camera, so when on a shoot, a computer is not needed to prepare the cards for use. Unlike formatting on a computer, the Blackmagic URSA camera technically analyzes the CFast card’s memory storage structure and will optimize formatting to allow best performance when used for real time digital film data recording. This means a card formatted in URSA can get much better performance than a card formatted on a computer.
- DaVinci Resolve Lite software can be downloaded here at no cost.
- The Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter.
- This is a large camera that weighs almost 17lbs before adding lenses, batteries, and other accessories and you will therefore need to be prepared for working with a large heavy rig.
NOTE: NOTE: THIS ITEM REQUIRES MANDATORY DAMAGE WAIVER OR A THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE.
Rental Package Includes: BlackMagic Design URSA 4K Digital Camera with EF Mount, AC Adapter, Anton Bauer Gold Mount Plate, Sony VCT-14 Quick-Release tripod adapter, 2x 15mm rods (12") and Carrying Case.
- Large high resolution 4K Super 35 mm sized sensor with superior handing of image detail.
- Professional global shutter for smooth pans and image motion.
- Wide 12 stops of dynamic range allows capture of increased details for feature film look.
- Compatible with extremely high quality EF mount lenses.
- User upgradable design allows customers to upgrade and change the sensor and lens mount.
- Built in dual CFast 2.0 card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- Open file formats compatible with popular edit software, such as ProRes, CinemaDNG RAW and CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 in 12 bit. No custom file formats.
- Support for ProRes HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy at resolutions up to Ultra HD.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 6G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, 6G-SDI monitoring input, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 3 separate built in LCD monitors for camera settings and metadata entry. Large 10 inch screen folds out for full resolution HD monitoring with wide viewing angle and high brightness.
- Supports Ultra HD and 1080 HD resolution capture in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 up to 60 fps.
- Liquid cooling system allowing higher frame rates when future sensors support this feature.
- Includes quick release tripod mount, Anton/Bauer mount battery plate. (Batteries not included) and Integrated 15mm Rod Mounts (Included)
- Weight: 16.52 lbs
No Video Available for this product.