The URSA 4K Digital Cinema Camera features a form factor that is designed to make it flexible enough to use on productions of all sizes. From a single operator all the way up to a full camera crew. At the heart of the imaging system, URSA features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, global shutter CMOS sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range. The camera records and outputs in the 2160p format, a 16:9 standard with precisely four times the resolution of 1080p, often referred to as UltraHD.
Internally, URSA can record in the two formats. The first is 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW, a losslessly compressed RAW codec designed to give you the greatest latitude for image manipulation in post production. The second is Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ), a debayered codec for easier playback and editing in a wide range of video editing applications. Additionally, ProRes also requires less storage space for extended recording times. Video is recorded to CFast 2.0 memory cards, and the camera features two slots allowing you to hot swap media for continuous, uninterrupted recording.
URSA features a 10.1", 1080p resolution flip-out LCD screen so that you won't necessarily need an on-camera monitor. Additionally, there are two 5" capacitive touchscreens, one on either side of the body. These allow you to access the menu system and can display data such as timecode and audio waveforms.
- DaVinci Resolve Lite software can be downloaded here at no cost.
- The Camera does not have a hotshoe mount, nor does it include any kind of hot shoe adapter.
- The URSA cannot format memory cards or have a way of interfacing with a computer in order to serve as a card reader. You will therefore need a CFast 2.0 reader which we offer for rent.
- This is a large camera that weighs almost 17lbs before adding lenses, batteries, and other accessories and you will therefore need to be prepared for working with a large heavy rig.
NOTE: A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE OR A DEPOSIT OF $6,000 IS REQUIRED TO RENT THIS ITEM.
Rental Package Includes: BlackMagic Design URSA Camera with EF Mount
- Sensor: Super 35 Global Shutter CMOS
- File Format: CinemaDNG 12-Bit RAW, Apple ProRes 422
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (UltraHD 4K)
- Frame Rate: 60 at 2160p
- Ports: 1 x 12G-SDI Out, 1x3G-SDI Out, 1 x 12G-SDI In, 1 x Reference Input, 1 x Timecode Input, 1 x Timecode Output, 2 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TRS, 2-Channel via SDI Output, 1 x USB 2.0 B, 1 x LANC 2.5 Mini Sub Connector
- Lens Compatibility: EF Mount
- Memory: 2 CFast Slots (Cards Not Included)
- 10.1": TFT-LCD Touch Screen with 2 x 5" Side Touch Screens
- Integrated 15mm Rod Mounts (Rods Not Included)
- Mounting for V-mount and Gold Mount Battery Plates
- 12 Stops Dynamic Range
- Active Cooling System
- Weight: 16.52 lbs
No Video Available for this product.