You are here:
Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite Flash
The Macro Twin Lite gives serious close-up, nature, and macro enthusiasts a different option in macro lighting-a directional quality of light, as opposed to the rather "flat" character of the traditional ring lite. Two separate flash heads can be swiveled around the lens, can be aimed separately, and even removed from their holder and mounted off-camera.
Like the MR-14EX, the new Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX is fully E-TTL compatible with all EOS bodies, including digital SLRs, and even allows Wireless E-TTL flash control with one or more 550EX and/or 420EX "slave units". It also provides easy ratio control of each flash head's output, over a six-stop range
Rental Package Includes: Flash Unit & Soft case
- Twin-head macro flash unit, for directional lighting in close-up photography with full E-TTL automatic flash control.
- Each head can be rotated around lens in an 80° arc, swiveled inward or outward over a 90° arc, and swiveled up and down over a 90° arc.
- Each head is removable, and has both a standard shoe-mount and 1/4-20 female tripod socket at the base to facilitate mounting off-camera.
- Powerful guide number (72 ft/22m) allows smaller apertures and greater depth-of-field when necessary.
- Full E-TTL automatic flash control with compatible EOS bodies
- E-TTL features include FE Lock, FP (high-speed) sync, ratio control of A:B flash heads over a six-stop range, and Wireless E-TTL control of off-camera 550EX and/or 420EX Slave Units.
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two different types of 1-second modeling flash allow easy focusing and previewing of lighting effects.
- Mounts directly onto Canon EF Macro lenses: EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro and MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1 5x Macrophoto.
- Attaches with accessory ring Macro Lite Adapter 72C to EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro.
Type: Macro flash unit with adjustable and removable twin straight flash heads; separate controller unit attaches to camera's hot shoe
Guide Number (with both tubes firing at full power) 72 (feet) / 22 (m), at ISO 100
Auto Settings: Auto Distance Range 16.4' (based on 100/2.8 macro & ISO 100 film)
Auto f/Stops TTL automation at all F-stops
Angle of Coverage: 80° in both vertical & horizontal angles
Recycle Time: 7 seconds (full power w/ alkaline batteries)
4 seconds (full power w/ Ni-Cd batteries)
Power Source: 4 AA batteries in controller unit (Alkaline, Lithium, rechargeable Ni-Cd or Ni-MH AAs are OK)
Optional Power Source: External battery packs - Compact Battery Pack E or E2, and Transistor Pack E
Dimensions: (W x H x D) Control unit: 2.9 x 5.0 x 3.8" (74 x 126 x 97mm) WxHxD
Flash assembly: 9.3 x 3.5 x 1.9" (235 x 90 x 49mm) WxHxD
Weight: Control unit: 0.63 lb
Flash ring: 0.26 lb
Notes & Special Features: E-TTL controls: Flash +/- exposure compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing, FE Lock, FP sync, and Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes over a 6-stop range (8:1 1:8 lighting ratios), and Wireless E-TTL with off-camera 550EX and/or 420EX Slave Units
Manual flash exposure mode: Variable from full (1/1) 1/64 power; Ratio Control of left:right (A:B) flash tubes from 1/1 to 1/64 power is possible
Notes & Special Features: Setting Method: Illuminated LCD panel on Controller Unit (similar to 550EX Speedlite)
Custom Functions: Nine Custom Functions on MT-24EX, in addition to any in camera); set on MT-24EX Controller LCD panel.
Modeling Flash: One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or Manual flash modes, showing ratios With C.Fn 4-1 (on MT-24EX), uniform one-second burst at 70Hz with any EOS body by pressing Controller Unit's test button
No Video Available for this product.