The Canon EOS C500 capitalizes on the groundbreaking ergonomic design of the EOS C300 camera, and offers a new Super 35mm, 8.85-megapixel CMOS image sensor, DIGIC DV III Image Processor and an expansive range of recording and output options specifically for 4K and 2K image acquisition. Addressing the discrete needs of cinema and TV, the EOS C500 offers two forms of 4K origination - productions can dynamically select DCI (SMPTE 2048-1:2011 standard) or the alternative television-centric Quad-HD (SMPTE 2036-1:2009 and ITU-R BT.1769 standards) source image formats - and output a selection of 4K, 2K and HD digital sampling formats.
The EOS C500 features uncompressed Canon RAW output for both 4K and 2K recording. The Canon RAW output is delivered to external recording systems via built-in dual 3G-SDI ports. Dual uncompressed HD-SDI out ports supports external live monitoring. HD or 2K content can be written to dual onboard CF cards simultaneously to provide proxy video for offline NLE systems.
NOTE: A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE OR A DEPOSIT OF $20,000 IS REQUIRED TO RENT THIS ITEM.
Rental Package Includes: Camera Cover, Monitor Unit (with Microphone Holder Unit and Screws for MHU), Handle Unit, Thumb Rest, WFT Adapter, Tripod Adapter Base, Eye Cup, EVF Cap, SS-1200, Shoulder Strap, BP-955 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (5200mAh), CG-940 Battery Charger, CA-940 Compact Power Adapter, DC Cable for CA-940, AC Cable and XF Utilities Disc Ver.31
- Sensor: Super 35mm CMOS (24.6mm x 13.8mm)
- Output Formats: 4K: 10-bit RGB RAW at up to 60 fps 4K: 10-bit RGB Half RAW at up to 120 fps 2K: 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 at up to 60 fps 2K: 10-bit YCrCb 4:2:2 at up to 120 fpsQFHD: 1920 × 1080 RGB 4:4:4 12-bit or 10-bit at up 60 fpsQFHD: 1920 × 1080 YCrCb 4:2:2 10-bit at up to 120 fpsQFHD: 3840 × 2160 RGB RAW 10-bit at up to 60 fpsQFHD: 3840 × 1080 RGB Half RAW 10-bit at up to 120 fps
- Recording Media: Compact Flash cards
- Record Time (approximate per 1GB): 2.5 min (1920×1080, 50Mb/s, 4:2:2)
- Recording Format: Video – 50 Mb/s (CBR) 4:2:2 35 Mb/s (VBR) 4:2:0 Audio – LPCM (16 bits, 48 kHz, 2 channels)
- Resolution: 1920×1080, 1280x 720
- Frame Rates: 1920×1080 – 59.94i, 29.97p, 23.98p, 50i/25p, 24p 1280×720 – 59.94p, 29.97p, 23.98p, 50i/25p, 24p
- Battery Life (approximate): 3 hrs.
- Weight: 6 lbs. (without lens)
- Specialty: Video
No Video Available for this product.