You are here:
Profoto B1 500 AirTTL Battery Powered Flash
The Profoto B1 500 Air TTL is a powerful, cordless, easy to use and versatile off-camera flash for studio and on location shoots. Powered by an exchangeable battery and wirelessly synced and controlled with the Air system, it allows the photographer to bring the B1 anywhere and place it without regard to cable length. The battery will provide up to 220 full-power flashes, while the Air system has an operating range up to 1,000ft.
The most notable feature of Profoto’s ground breaking invention is the TTL function that integrates flash and camera which automatically adjusts its output to provide you with a perfect exposure. Photographers who prefer adjusting the light themselves can switch to manual control by a simple button-press.
The Canon Air Remote TTL-C (rented separately) is a small, hot shoe-mounted device that acts like a wireless link between camera and flash, supporting manual and TTL control of B1 lights in up to 3 individual groups. The Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon cameras with i-TTL support will be available in 2014.
The light output can be controlled in 1/10 f-stop steps over the entire 9 f-stop power range. The B1 is also equipped with a high-efficient LED modeling light, powerful enough to be used as a portable video light.
Rental Package Includes: Lithium-ion Battery, Plastic Transport Cap for D1 Head, Battery Charger 2.8A and Carrying Bag.
- Max energy: 500 Ws
- Energy range: 9 f-stops (2-500Ws)
- Energy control increments: 1/10 or full f-stops
- Recycling time: 0.2-1.9s (Quick burst up to 20 flashes/second)
- Max modeling light (W): 20W LED (Output equivalent to 70W Halogen)
- Modeling light control: Off, Proportional, Free (5-100%)
- Mode control: Freeze (shortest flash duration) or Normal (color balanced) mode
- Flash duration Normal Mode: (t0.5) 1/11,000s (2Ws) - 1/1000s (500W)
- Flash duration Freeze Mode: (t0.5) 1/19,000s (2Ws) - 1/1000s (500W)
- Input power supply: Exchangeable Lithium-Ion Battery 14.8V/3Ah
- Battery capacity: Up to 220 full power flashes
- Synchronization and Control: Sync socket(s): 1
- Wire sync voltage: Compliant to ISO 10330 standard
- Wire sync connector: 3.5 Mini-Phono
- Photocell/IR-slave and switch: Yes
- Radio sync & control: Yes, Built in AirTTL supporting wireless sync, control and TTL. (Requires Air Remote TTL. rented separately.)
- Radio sync range: Up to 300m (1,000 ft)
- Miscellaneous: Function display: Multifunction LCD display.
- Fan cooling: Yes, thermally controlled fan speed for low noise level.
- Ready signaling: Yes, ready lamp, level.dim and/or switchable beep sound.
- Auto dumping: Yes
- USB interface: Yes, USB mini port for FW upgrading
- Quick Burst: Quick Burst capability of up to 30 flashes per second.
- Dimensions: 31 x 14 x 21cm (12.2 x 5.5 x 8.3 inch)
- Weight: 3.0 kg (6.6lbs( including battery.